on the bright side of the road

thoughts, photographs, poetry and prose from a musician in brooklyn, new york (via the very-much homesick louisiana). kristin diable (www.kristindiable.com)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The beauty & wisdom of John Lee Hooker









"I have heartaches, I have blues. No matter what you got, the blues is there.
'Cause that's all I know - the blues. And I can sing the blues so deep until you can
have this room full of money and I can give you the blues."

"In my career, people in the record business have been rockin' in the same ol' boat.
They all crooks - I'll say it clear and loud - especially the big ones."

"It don't take me no three days to record no album."

"Like you and your woman ain't gettin' along and you're in love. You can't sleep
at nights. Your mind is on her - on whatever. You know, that's the blues.
You can't hug that money at night. You can't kiss it."

"I don't play a lot of fancy guitar. I don't want to play it. The kind
of guitar I want to play is mean, mean licks."

-John Lee Hooker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home